The IT Kidz Code Clubs are after school computer clubs Online. In this Code Club we will be building on what the children have previously learned about HTML & CSS to build a website. We will be taking those initial concepts and exploring new and more creative ways to write and style our webpages. The finished project from this code club with be a Website designed by the children about their Country.
Learning HTML and CSS help children visualise and articulate abstract ideas effectively. In this way, a child finds it easy to employ arithmetic to tackle and solve real-world problems. Also maths starts to become fun and interesting every day.
The HTML & CSS Improvers Code Club will run every Thursday from 5PM – 6PM, one hour a week for 12 weeks, commencing on September 16th and finishing up the week before Christmas with a mid-term break in October.
What we Will Learn:
- Using an online editor to create a website made up of HTML files and a CSS file
- Building a HTML website that has headings, paragraph text, lists, and images
- Using CSS code to control the look of your website, including designing a simple menu bar and changing colours, backgrounds, and borders
- Linking pages to each other, and linking to other websites
- Creating a table that includes headings and multiple rows
- How to create your own colours using code
- Ways to organise content on your website so that you can apply styles, and to make it friendly for screen readers
- How to use CSS styling to create themes as well as style individual elements
- Controlling the size of elements with different kinds of measurements
- Making things happen when you hover over elements on your page
- Animating elements of your website with CSS
- How to use the developer tools to sneak a peek at the code of any website, and to test out parts of yours